Canada, Japan, China, Finland, Hong Kong (a territory), Estonia, Singapore, Poland, Korea, and Taiwan have been recognized as top performers in education. This distinction is a result of student performance in the areas of reading, math, and science. In 2009, a report was released entitled, “Why We’re Behind: a Report by Common Core.” The information shared how American schools have consistently ranked lower than China, Europe, and Canada in core subjects such as reading, math, and science (Cortese & Ravitch, 2009). One distinct difference between the United States and these countries is each has a national curriculum. What is it about these countries that outrank American schools in math and science? Do they focus more on math and science than reading, or do they concentrate evenly on all subjects? Is reading equally important as math and science in these top performing countries?
In this report, we find answers to those questions by comparing these systems to the U.S. education system to understand better how they function, how they are similar and different, how they address their unique challenges, and how they are preparing students for the future (Cortese & Ravitch, 2009).
2). Choose a country to research its national curriculum. Those countries are Canada, Japan, China, Finland, Hong Kong (a territory), Estonia, Singapore, Poland, South Korea, and Taiwan.
3). Read its national curriculum to determine how its core courses are mapped for elementary, middle, and high school in the subject areas of reading, math, and science.
4) Use the PowerPoint’ template, Comparison of National Curriculums ED 533 Curriculum Foundations.pptx, Download Comparison of National Curriculums ED 533 Curriculum Foundations.pptx,to share how the country’s national curriculum in elementary, middle, and high school are similar and different in reading, math, and science compared to the Common Core Curriculum and the Mississippi Science Curriculum.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25