GB550 Financial Management Final Project Rubric
Here is a Rubric for your final Paper. It should be at least 1500 words (5-7 pages), not counting titles, abstract, references, table of contents, charts, balance sheets and extensive quotes.
Select a publicly held company and analyze its capital-structure, applying the theories and principles found in Chapter 15 of the text.
You must cover topics 1-5. You must include an abstract, table of contents, references.
Organize your work under following headings. Include interior titles (and include sub-headings under #5 a-f)
1. Title Page
2. Abstract. – Complete yet concise, at least 200 words, the abstract should be at least 200 words for a detailed description. If you go well over 200 words, as long as it is good content and adds to the material, I have no issues and it will most likely improve the grade by showing extra effort. Research papers, theses and dissertations include an abstract—a short, concise summary of your research. The abstract should include the keywords of your research. An abstract generally emphasizes, objective, the methodology, the main findings and conclusions of the research study. Articulate the research problem, and objective of the research. Include Keywords. Indicate the methodology.
3. Table of Contents.a one page detail of the topics and subtopics. The more detailed the number of topic subheadings listed the more thought you have provided to this paper. A very brief outline will receive a deduction.
4. Business and Financial Risks: Business and financial risks related to capital-structure such as operating risks, leverage and debt risks. A company's business risk is the risk of the firm's assets when no debt is used. Business risk is the risk inherent in the company's operations. Some of those factors are as follows: Sales risk – Sales risk is affected by demand for the company's product as well as the price per unit of the product. Input-cost risk – Input-cost risk is the volatility of the inputs into a company's product as well as the company's ability to change pricing if input costs change.
5. Modigliani and Miller’s [MM] capital-structure theory.
6. Criticisms of the MM model and assumptions.
7. A preview of capital structure issues. Capital-structure evidence: Capital-structure evidence and implications and problems with other Capital Structure Theories.
8. Estimating Optimal Capital Structure:
Estimating your firm’s optimal capital-structure. A firm’s optimal capital structure is that mix of debt and equity that maximizes the stock price.
a. Discuss the following and relate it to the optimal structure:
b. Business risk. Business risk is the riskiness inherent in the firm’s operations if it uses no debt.
c. Tax position.
d. Need for financial flexibility.
e. Managerial conservativeness.
f. Growth opportunities.
9. Reference list: A minimum of four references are required, excluding the textbook. Sources should be from academic, scholarly reviewed journals. You can not use your textbook or any other non-scholarly material as a graded reference.
What is a scholarly publication or reference? It is generally a white paper, original research but most typically a Journal article. No, not the Wall Street Journal, that is a business publication.
An academic journal example includes: The Journal of Financial Planning, Journal of Portfolio Management, Journal of the American Medical Association, Journal of Accountancy, etc. You can find these scholarly and academic resources in the Kaplan Library. You may also find scholarly white papers through institutes such as Brookings Institute and Economic Policy Institute, among many.
Make sure you add a few sentences as to why each reference is specifically important to your paper. Describe your reference as in an annotated bibliography and discuss why it is important to your paper.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25