I need to do this assignment before 11:30 pm MST today Jan 23. The assignment instructions are in pages 4 and 5 of the attached document.
HUSV301: Foundational Skills
Learning Instructions are listed below in items 1-11 – the Assignment Instructions are listed below that – be sure to
answer all parts of the assignment. Do not hesitate to reach out to the instructor or the UofA librarians if you have any
questions. The librarian dedicated to the Human Services program is Jeanne Pfander: [email protected] The
skills incorporated into this assignment are very important for all future assignments.
From here on you are expected to:
• Use APA 7th Edition citation format, both in-text and in your reference list, for all assignments
• Know the difference between popular and scholarly articles and select appropriately for your assignments
• Use only credible web sources
• Know how to view your Turnitin score for all assignments submitted to Dropbox, and know when the score is
acceptable, and when your assignment needs editing
A. Library Tutorials
Access the HUSV Library site: https://libguides.library.arizona.edu/HUSV_LibraryResources
The screenshot below is from this site
Click on “Get Help” then scroll down to ‘Learn More With Tutorials’ (screenshot below)
1. Go to:
a. Evaluating web sources – complete the tutorial
b. Popular vs. scholarly – complete the tutorial
c. Searching PsychINFO – complete the tutorial
d. Stop Thief! Avoiding Plagiarism by Paraphrasing – complete the tutorial
B. Using the UA Library Website
After accessing and reviewing the HUSV library site and completing the tutorials listed, go to the UA Library Website,
1. Access the Find Materials (tab to far left), click for drop down menu, go to
a. Select ‘Research Databases’
i. Scroll down and select the database PubMed (UA/HSL) as seen in the screenshot below:
2. Enter Human Services AND Mental Health in the search bar (see the screen shot below). Click search.
3. On LEFT under “Text Availability”, click Free Full Text as seen in the screenshot below:
4. Skip “Article Attribute” and go to “Article Type” and click on Meta-Analysis (a thorough review of published
articles on a specific topic) and Review (for general reviewed articles), as seen in the screenshot below:
5. Go to “Publication Date”, click on 5 years (this is because most professors and journal editors prefer references
that are no more than 5 years old), as seen in the screenshot below:
6. This search will generate hundreds of articles, depending on many variables. Below is a sample, found at the
bottom of the first search page, as seen in the screenshot below:
7. Normally you would want to refine your search terms to generate considerably fewer articles than this.
However, in this example, scroll down and select one article that interests you, click on the title of the article,
and you will see the abstract of the article. To the right of the abstract, you can access the full text of the article
(see the screenshot below for an example).
You may have to look closely or research the full name of the journal because APA style does not account for abbreviations of journal titles in the same way as other citation styles. Or, hover the mouse over the abbreviated journal title to see the full title.
8. Remember to list the last name of the author followed by their first and last initials. Many students struggle with
this. The correct listing of names for a reference would be as follows:
Walker 2nd, W.H., Walton, J.C., DeVries, A. C., & Nelson, R.J.
9. However, a citation would not include the “2nd” or initials of the authors. Because there are three or more
authors, a citation would read: (Walker et al., 2020). Notice there is a period after “al.” and the period goes after
the citation rather than at the end of the sentence. The citation is considered to be included in the sentence.
Foundational Skills Assignment Instructions
Part I: Library and APA Style
1. Download a PDF of the article you have selected in #7 above (if the article you select does not have full access,
choose another article).
Carefully review the first two pages and provide the following:
a. Write a sentence paraphrasing some information from the article and provide an in-text citation.
b. Write a sentence using a direct quote from the article and include an in-text citation for the direct
c. Write out an entry for a reference list of the article in APA style format (as you would record in the
reference section of a formal paper).
d. Include a link to the actual article OR Upload a copy of the article in D2L along with your assignment.
2. Return to Find Research Databases. Select a different database. Perform a search using the same keywords as
in #2 above. Complete the steps a-d as above for this second article including uploading a copy of the article to…
3. Find a web source relevant to Human Services and provide:
a. The URL (link),
b. The name of the website,
c. The organization or institution this website represents,
d. An APA in-text? citation for the website, and
e. An APA entry for a reference list for the website.
f. A copy of the completed Evaluation Checklist evaluating the website you have found. (The Website
Evaluation Tool is provided in D2L for this module.)
g. A 5-7 sentence description including the website information and your findings on the credibility of the
website. Use appropriate citations in the descriptive paragraph.
4. Find one “popular” article that relates to Human Services (this is an incredibly broad topic, and it is your choice
of how you would like to focus your search).
a. Carefully review the article and write a 5-7 sentence paragraph explaining the difference between
popular and scholarly articles and how this difference impacted the information contained in each
article you found. Focus on discussing (for example) credibility, supporting evidence, writing style, and
b. Write a sentence paraphrasing some information from the article and provide an in-text citation.
c. Write a sentence using a direct quote from the article and include a citation for the direct quote.
d. Write out a full reference of the article in APA style format (as you would record in the reference section
of a formal paper).
e. Include a link to the actual article OR Upload a copy of the article in D2L along with your assignment.
Part II: Accidental Plagiarism
Submit a one (1) paragraph (3-6 sentences) description for each of the following:
f. Describe accidental plagiarism.
g. Discuss what you will do to avoid plagiarism in your own assignments.
h. Describe several tools that are available on D2l to help you check for plagiarism on assignments
submitted to Dropbox?
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25