The purpose of this assignment is to document sources of research evidence that support the evidence-based intervention for the selected practice problem, including the level and quality of each source of research evidence. A synthesis of the evidence is conducted to determine the overall strength and quality of the evidence. The development of an evidence table and synthesis are foundational to inform actions and decisions to improve healthcare outcomes. Construction of an evidence table and synthesis supports the professional formation of the DNP-prepared nurse.
As you incorporate published research study findings into your own writing, you aim for synthesis of the material. Before learning how to write a synthesis, it is important to define this term. At its most basic level, a synthesis involves combining two or more summaries. Synthesis writing is more difficult than it might first appear because this combining must be done in a meaningful way.
A synthesis requires critical reading and thinking in order to compare different material, highlighting similarities, differences, and connections. When a practice scholar synthesizes successfully, they present new ideas based on interpretations of published research evidence. Conceptually, it can be helpful to think about synthesis existing at both the local (or paragraph) level and the global (or paper) level.
Synthesis is all about collecting information from different sources and putting it together as one content.
Follow these guidelines when completing each component of this assignment.
1. Title Page
2. Introduce the Practice Problem
a. Practice Problem Statement
b. Describe the Significance of the Practice Problem at the National Level (1 paragraph)
3. Synthesis of Evidence to Support the Evidence-Based Intervention for the Selected Practice Problem. Include 3 Current LEVEL I, II, or III Peer-Reviewed Primary Research Studies and/or Systematic Reviews.
a. Synthesis of the Literature (2 paragraphs)
i. Main Points/Salient Themes That Emerge from the Sources (Cited)
ii. Compare and Contrast Main Points /Themes from All Sources (Cited)
b. Support for Evidence-Based Intervention (1 paragraph)
i. Objective Rationale for the Intervention Based on the Literature
4. Summary Table of Evidence to Address the Evidence-Based Intervention for the Selected Practice Problem Using the Johns Hopkins Nursing Evidence-Based Practice Evidence Summary Tool. Include as an appendix.
5. Reference Page with Complete References for the 3 Sources of Research Evidence, Including the Permalink
6. APA Formatting/ References
a. APA Standards for Scholarly Papers
b. Level I Headings are included
Use these References
American Diabetes Association. (2018). Economic costs of diabetes in the U.S. in 2017. Diabetes Care, 41(5), 917–928. https://doi.org/10.2337/dci18-0007
CDC. (2020, June 11). What is diabetes? Centers for disease control and prevention. https://www.cdc.gov/diabetes/basics/diabetes.html
Jiang, X., Jiang, H., Lu, Y., Liu, S., Wang, J., Tang, R., & Li, M. (2019). The effectiveness of a self‐efficacy‐focused structured education programme on adults with type 2 diabetes: A multicentre randomised controlled trial. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 28(17-18), 3299–3309. https://doi.org/10.1111/jocn.14908
Ogunrinu, T., Gamboa-Maldonado, T., Ngewa, R. N., Saunders, J., Crounse, J., & Misiri, J. (2017). A qualitative study of health education experiences and self-management practices among patients with type 2 diabetes at Malamulo adventist hospital in Thyolo district, Malawi. Malawi Medical Journal, 29(2), 118. https://doi.org/10.4314/mmj.v29i2.8
Pamungkas, R., Chamroonsawasdi, K., & Vatanasomboon, P. (2017). A systematic review: Family support integrated with diabetes self-management among uncontrolled type II diabetes mellitus patients. Behavioral Sciences, 7(4), 62. https://doi.org/10.3390/bs7030062
Peterson, E., Dunn, M., Cooper, M., & Bhakta, N. (2019). Diabetes prevention program sites compared with diabetes prevalence and ratio of primary care physicians in Texas. https://www.cdc.gov/pcd/issues/2019/pdf/19_0175.pdf
World Health Organization. (2020, June 8). Diabetes. Who.int; World health organization: WHO. https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/diabetes
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25