During rounds Charles encounters a rare condition he has never personally seen, and only vaguely remembers hearing about in nursing school. He takes a few moments to prepare himself by searching the Internet. That evening, he researches even further to treat, administer, and assess the patient safely. He searches clinical databases online and his own school textbooks. Most of the information seems consistent, yet some factors vary. Charles wants to provide the highest quality in patient safety.
1. What should Charles do when he encounters information in two sources that is directly contradictory? Which resources are the most trusted? Which resources are the most accurate? What criteria should Charles use to identify credible resources to enhance his clinical practice?
2. Practice extracting data from a database at the National Cancer Institute State Cancer Profiles webpage. Compare and contrast data from at least 2 different states based on incidence by gender and race/ethnicity.
3. Visit the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality webpage.
o Choose one of the guidelines and describe how it was developed and summarize the practice recommendations
o How are these recommendations similar to or different from those contained in your textbook or those currently practiced in your clinical setting?
o Choose a clinical topic and design a search strategy for searching an online database such as CINAHL or MEDLINE. Reflect on your search strategy, for example, what search terms did you initially use, what new terms did you discover as you searched, how did you limit/refine your search?
***The following specifications are required for this assignment:
*Length: 1000 – 1500 words; answers must thoroughly address the questions in a clear, concise manner.
*Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA style. These do not count towards the minimum word count for this assignment.
*References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. Include at least two (2) scholarly sources to support your claims.
*Format: Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx).
*File Name: Name your saved file according to your first initial, last name, and the assignment number (for example, “RHall Assignment 1.docx”).
*please add introduction and conclusion.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25