Activity: Open these three links to digital repositories containing resources related to the dropping of the atomic bomb. Browse through each repository
Voices of the Manhattan Project,
and National Security Archive),
and think about how useful these repositories would be to you if you were a
historian seeking to write a biography on the scientist Leo Szilard (pronounced SIL-lard) who helped develop the atomic bomb and also campaigned against its use.
1. Truman Library Collections
2. Voices of the Manhattan Project
3. Atomic Heritage Foundation
As you explore each repository, try to locate the following primary sources that you might consult to write a chapter about Szilard’s campaign against dropping the
atomic bomb. Each primary source is located in only one of the above repositories. Try your best to locate each source, but it is OK if you are not able to locate all
three. If you are successful in your search, try skimming through the sources you find.
1. The transcription of the oral history interview with Tom Evans, a close friend of President Truman’s, discussing scientists’ opposition to the use of the
2. A petition against the use of the atomic bomb circulated by Szilard directed toward President Truman
3. An interview with Lilli Hornig, a scientist who signed Szilard’s petition against the use of the atomic bomb
To do this, develop search terms similar to the examples shown in the Module Two Module Overview. Only use these three online repositories to locate these
sources—do not consult Google or any other search engine. Take notes on the search terms that are successful and keep the links to the sources you find.
Prompt: In two to three sentences, respond to each question. To develop your responses, combine your experience using search terms to locate the three
primary sources in this module with your own reflections on the questions posed. Regardless of whether or not you were able to find all three primary sources,
complete all question prompts before you submit your responses. If you were not able to find the primary sources, let your instructor know what search terms
you did use so he or she can provide you with feedback on how to develop effective search terms.
1. Describe your overall experience locating these primary sources. Was it challenging or straightforward? Do you learn anything interesting along theway?
2. Were you able to locate an interview with Tom Evans, a close friend of President Truman’s, who interacted with scientists who were trying to reach
Truman with their campaign against the use of the atomic bomb? Share your search terms and a link to the primary source.
3. Were you able to locate a petition against the use of the atomic bomb circulated by Leo Szilard directed toward President Truman? Share your search
terms and a link to the primary source.
4. Were you able to locate an interview with Lilli Hornig, a scientist who signed Szilard’s petition against the use of the atomic bomb? Share your search
terms and a link to the primary source.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25