1. What is an audit universe and what does it include? List and describe each component you would include in an audit universe.
2. What is Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology (COBIT) and why is it valuable to management and IT auditors?
3. Why are risk assessments significant to the audit function? How does risk help inform an audit?
4. As the IT audit senior of the engagement, you are presenting to the IT manager and partner (as part of the planning meeting) the results of the risk assessment performed in Exhibit 3.3. Based on such results (look at Exhibit 3.3, under the "Risk Rating" and "Action Priority" columns), it seems clear that the audit should focus on Financial Application #2 (FA2). Nevertheless, the IT manager and partner, based on previous relevant experience, believe that the audit should be performed on Financial Application #1 (FA1). The planning meeting is over, and you still feel doubtful on the decision just made. Your task: Answer the questions below showing why the audit should focus on FA#2. In other words, think of additional information not necessarily documented in the risk assessment shown in Exhibit 3.3 related to:
a. Any additional vulnerabilities or weaknesses that may currently be in place affecting FA2
b. Any additional threat-sources that can trigger the vulnerabilities or weaknesses you just identified for FA2
c. Any additional risks or situations involving exposure to loss for the financial information in FA2
d. Any additional controls or procedures that should be implemented to mitigate the risks just identified
5. You are an external IT auditor asked to perform a review of the following: The Financial Transactions Application (FTA) is causing a problem with the General Ledger Application (GLA) due to the timing of the transfer of transactions. Data was transferred late by FTA causing end-of-the-month reports to be inaccurately stated. Managers met to review prior month’s activity reports and noticed a shortfall of $50,000 in some accounts. Prepare an audit plan to conduct procedures to address this type of situation.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25